I don’t know if it’s just me, the cold weather or just the time of year, but I feel like I want to bake (and eat, mostly eat) so many things these days.
So in case you feel the same, I come to you today with an oatmeal cookie recipe that’s a nice variation from the basic chocolate chip cookies.
- 120g oats (I used rolled oats)
- 230g flour
- 2 eggs
- 100g chocolate chips
- 150g brown sugar
- 100g softened butter
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- coarse salt
- Mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, vanilla sugar and baking powder.
- Add in the eggs and butter. Blend with your hands or with a flat beater.
- Next, add the chocolate chips. I like to cut big chunks of chocolate myself rather than use store-bought chips.
- Form the dough into the shape of little balls (this is where I use my cookie scoop!) and align them on a baking sheet.
- Slightly flatten the balls and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C and you're done!
Have a lovely festive time and happy baking!