Before I start this post I want to shout out a big THANK YOU to all of you for following me on Bloglovin and to those of you who tried my cookies and showed me the results. I’m so glad you liked them!
So here’s a new recipe for you to try this weekend if you’re in need of some cosy time at home.
The other day we had 2 nectarines left at home that were slowly starting to get a little too soft so I decided to make use of them and bake a tart for the weekend.
I had a roll of puff pastry in the fridge but thought there was no fun in using it so I decided to give it a shot and make my own puff pastry for the first time!
- 125g flour
- 140g cold butter
- A pinch of salt
- 60g cold water
- 3 nectarines (or as I did because I was missing one, 2 nectarines & 1 flat peach)
- 50g melted butter
- Brown sugar
- I used this recipe to make the puff pastry and it was really good, I encourage you to use it if you want to make it yourself (it’s a really quick way & it turned out really well!) or just use a store-bought one!
- While your dough is refrigerating, cut thin slices of nectarines. Then start to roll out your puff pastry on a baking sheet and use a pastry brush to spread melted butter all over the top (not too much so it doesn’t soak the puff pastry). Dust some sugar over.
- Arrange your slices of fruit in any way you like and add butter+sugar again on top of it.
- Put in a preheated oven for at least 30 minutes at 175°. And tadaaa!