Hey, you know what? I’ve been baking! It’s been far too long I haven’t posted a recipe (since the macarons) and with the heat that’s been really oppressive this week, I needed something that didn’t require much effort/time in the kitchen.
And for that, these madeleines are perfect! They’re easy to bake, quickly cooked, and make for the perfect afternoon treat. As always, let me know if you decide to give them a try!
- 100g flour
- 120g sugar
- 5g baking powder
- 80g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Start by heating the butter in the microwaves for about a minute. Let it cool.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar for 5 minutes, until the mixture gets bubbly and whiter.
- In a separate bowl, blend the flour and baking powder together.
- Now combine the first mixture with the second by sprinkling the flour over the eggs while beating.
- Integrate the butter the same way.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Fill one or two madeleine pans with the batter (about two thirds high) and bake for about 5 minutes. This is important for the dome to pop up. Then lower the heat to 180° for another 5 minutes, depending on how your oven works (so please beware of the timing here!).
To perfume the madeleines, instead of the vanilla extract, try adding lemon or orange zest! Makes about 20 madeleines.