Seems like last weekend was a waffle kind of weekend! I hadn’t had waffles for a long time but Marion suggested that a waffle recipe could be the next one on the blog so here we go! And I was really excited to make some in the end.
Makes about a dozen of waffles.
- 250g flour
- 100g milk at room temperature
- 40g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 10g baker’s yeast
- 100g soften butter
- 110g pearl sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1tsp of powder cinnamon if you fancy including some
- In a large mixing bowl, softly mix the yeast with the milk.
- Next, add the flour, sugar, salt (+ cinnamon) and the egg.
- Knead everything with a food processor, slowly and for about 5 minutes. Your dough should be soft and bouncy.
- Add the butter and knead again until completely incorporated. The dough is even bouncier and a little sticky now.
- Shape it into a ball and cover your mixing bowl with cling-wrap. Let it rise for a while (took 2h30 for me) with a warm tea towel on top. It should have almost doubled in size by then.
- Unwrap your bowl and plunge a spatula in it to make the gas go away.
- Stir in the pearl sugar and shape small balls (approx. 12) out of the dough.
- Cook the balls with a waffle iron and you’re all set! Eat while it’s hot!
As always I'd be happy to know if you tried them! Don't hesitate to give me a shout on Instagram/Twitter/here ;-)