So how’s the long weekend going, guys? For me it’s a mix of family time, rest, and work but at least it’s in good company as I’ve made this cake on Friday. So in case you’re in need of something sweet too, I’ve got you covered! Pretty easy to bake, and I’m sure you already have everything at hand (except maybe the poppy seeds but they’re not mandatory!).
- 3 eggs
- 170g caster sugar
- 160g flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 150g butter
- 2 lemons
- 1tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180°.
- Whiten the eggs by whipping them with the sugar. You'll get a creamy and pale mixture.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Blend well.
- Melt the butter in the microwave (about a minute / a minute and a half) and let it cool.
- Remove the zest of one of the lemon and get the juice of both.
- Pour the butter into your bowl and combine.
- Add in the zest and juice + poppy seeds and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered cake pan and put in the oven for 30-35 minutes.