The idea for this recipe came from my trip to Corsica. I wanted to recreate a sweet treat I had eaten there, only they were bigger and more Nutella-ey, as it was super tasty. If you like coconut, I’m sure you’ll love this recipe. It’s very easy and quick to make, no extreme baking skills needed!
For about 25-30 bites.
- 4 eggs white
- 180g sugar
- 180g shredded coconut
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Crack your eggs white into a saucepan, add the sugar, and put over medium heat.
- If you have a thermometer, keep stirring with a whisk until it reaches 50°C. If not, just make sure the sugar is fully integrated into the eggs white (the mix is still translucent and more liquidy).
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a larger bowl. Add the coconut and vanilla extract. Blend everything together with a wooden spoon.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In the meantime, place a sheet of baking paper over a baking tray.
- Grab a teaspoon to help you shape small balls out of the mixture and line them on the baking paper.
- If you feel like it, you can add a dollop of Nutella on top each bite or you can even go with jam if you want to.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden. They should be crispy on the outside but soft on the inside.
As always, tell me if you decide to give them a go. Happy baking!