vous aurez besoin de
- (English) Start by cooking the quinoa. Rinse it beforehand and then put in a saucepan.
- Add 3 glasses of water and put it to low/medium heat. Once it starts boiling, cover the pot with a lid and it should take about 12 minutes before the quinoa is cooked and the water is completely absorbed. Try to pay attention as you don’t want it to burn!
- In the meantime, cut your eggplant in thin slices and heat some olive oil in a large pan.
- Put the slices in the pan to high heat and flip them over from time to time to have them roasted. You can use two pans at once so it goes faster. Once they are golden, remove from the pan with a fork and put the slice on a paper towel so it absorbs the excess of oil.
- Once both the quinoa and the eggplant are cooked, let them go cold (it’s a salad after all) and prep the other ingredients.
- (English) For the dressing, I usually add about a teaspoon of mustard (adjust depending on your own taste) into a glass, with balsamic vinegar. Now it’s tough to describe quantities but I try to add vinegar until it covers the mustard, then I blend both together. Whisking constantly, drizzle in olive oil until combined. Add a pinch of salt.
- Then comes the time to gather everything: the quinoa, the spinach leaves, the eggplant slices, the tomatoes, the olives, and mix with the dressing. Once served, add the burrata on top.
notes(English) I sometimes revisit the recipe by changing the recipe. If I don’t have eggplants or olives, I’ll be likely to replace them with an avocado (cubed) and a handful of whole almonds!
(English) As always, if you have any question, shoot them below or share your results!