It’s been a long time since I’ve written one of these posts but I just couldn’t bring myself to publish something as frivolous as a recipe after a month of absence. It was quite unexpected but, to sum up, I was out and about a lot for the past several weeks, juggling between long hours at work, meeting up with friends and pushing myself to do things out of my comfort zone.
This has left me quite drained (how can you expect it otherwise when you’re a homebody and end up going out several consecutive nights a week?) but I’m very content with the changes I’ve made to my life. I’m having a long weekend thanks to Labor Day and thought it was a good time to catch up with you all. How have you guys been? Here are a few things I’ve been up to for the past month.
• I went to Rome for a little less than 3 days! It’s been nice to feel a bit of sun and warmth, I’m not gonna lie. We’ve celebrated my brother’s 25th and we ate a lot of good food!
• I’ve been fitting more and more at work. The first couple of weeks had been quite tough socially, and to be honest, after everything I’ve been doing this year to try to be more comfortable around others I thought it was going to be easier than that. But all is fine now and I’m starting to really appreciate my new mates. My boss is only 2 years older than me so it’s a different kind of relationship to what I’ve been used to and basically everyone is around my age so it’s great!
• I’ve finally finished reading the fourth Outlander book. It took me forever but don’t get me wrong, I’m a slow reader. It was great and I can’t wait to see it on my screen! I have a huge book order to make, there’s so many I want to read. I’ll have to write about books very soon!
• I’m thinking about revamping my « professional » website again. I know I’ve never shared it here because I don’t like mixing real life with the blog too much but I’m thinking about offering services and stuff. We’ll see if I can bring myself to actually move my ass and do something about it.
• I have a few post ideas lined up and waiting to be sorted but, apart from recipes and photographs of Paris, is there anything you’d particularly want to see/read about on here? What do you like most about the blog and what would you like to see more of? I’ve never been interested in growing my numbers much, I just want to put out content that can be either meaningful to you or completely entertaining, because sometimes it’s just what feels good. So yeah, a little survey from me to you!
• Lots of new images in my Instagram saved posts. It’s a mix of places to visit, food, interiors and fashion. I’ll leave you with a sneak peek, maybe it will inspire you too! Hope you’re all well, see you hopefully next week!
Sorry, there is no French translation. This speeds up my process tremendously and I guess I'll never go back to blogging if I keep doing the work twice.