In an attempt to improve my lifestyle, I’m currently trying to vary my meals and integrate food that I’m not habitually used to eat in order to balance things out a bit more.
Pinterest is a great place to discover healthy recipes for a lower cost than buying cookbooks that are sometimes just very specific (don’t get me wrong, I want them all nonetheless) and request the use of not so common ingredients (which basically stops me from wanting to cook the actual dish).
So here are a few dishes I want to try to recreate at home because they seem a bit more healthy than what I’m used to eating and, well, they just look so pretty. I already put together a healthy salad (that you may have seen on Instagram) and made some granola bars last week (recipe to come soon!).
- French Puy Lentil and Goat Cheese Salad With Roasted Beets and Tomatoes, via Renée Kemps (big crush for this food blog, I dearly encourage you to visit it)
- Sesame-Almond + Avocado Spinach Salad, via Naturally Ella (avocado and almonds are the best)
- Grilled Zucchini Salad with Feta and Sweet Croutons, via Savory Simple (there are so many ways we can cook zucchinis, it’s awesome)
- Fried Goat’s cheese & Pomegranate salad, via Simply Delicious
- Fluffy Buckwheat Pancakes, via Renée Kemps (a slightly healthier version for Pancakes)
- Quinoa Cakes with Poached Egg and Parsley, via Verses From My Kitchen (I recently learned how to poach eggs and I think they’re my favorite kind)